Monday, April 21, 2008

Advent of High-Speed at Oak's Castle

Having once tasted the glory of high speed internet and then spending FOUR long years wandering in the darkness of dial-up, listening to the riddles of customer service promising that "coming soon it is, yes?" ... I'm elated to announce that on Thurs I will be rejoining the ranks of high-speed internet users.

The problems that have arisen over the years, from having only dial-up are really too painful to recall them all. Its not that I can't count them or anything. They aren't that numerous. Just too freaking painful to dredge back up.

The single most thing that I'm looking forward to the most is finally being on even terms (connection-wise) during pvp encounters. Dial up has SO much lag sometimes, and at the worst possible times, that its going to be so nice for things to be "smooth" again. I can't wait.

So bring on the horde ... no I don't care what your level is either or about your amazing leet gear. This little Oak just got his most important item back in his inventory ... response time. Yes I realize, I'll still die. But I'll die swinging ON-TIME and not standing there "waiting to swing", listening to the thunk thunk thunk of the WoW interface telling me it's waiting to process a command while it's in turn waiting for dial-up to download the data.

Heck I may re-roll another rogue just because so much of what they do is based on timing and I never got a chance to enjoy it.

It's been a long, long, looooooong dry spell but on Thurs it all comes to an end and the high-speed bliss of yester-years past begins anew.Can I get an Amen?

0 comments: