Monday, September 24, 2007

Ding 51

Well I skipped the "ding post" on lvl 50 because it all happened this weekend and I just always avoid posting using my cursed dial-up connection. Yes that's right I play WoW on dial up and that really blows at times. If you're the prayin' type of guildie reading this, I could really use high-speed internet soon :)

But I digress.

Well Oak has had no epic battles of late but I did run into a few epic guildies. Namely Bacon, Magnusson and Lou.

The other night, Lou was helping a buddy of his on a run from Menethil to SW and it turns out that my pal Lou seems to have never made that run himself (can you say Ebay character, I knew you could). So I offered to tag along and was really excited to see Lou in-game for the very first time.

He's really short. Lots of beard and mustache and appears to wear a monicle. Sorta like if the monopoly guy turned drug-czar. That's what struck me about him :) Ah but a finer rogue (except maybe Sylvara) you're never to find than Lou. He's of strong stock that gnome and has a winning attitude to boot! Good to see you in-game buddy :)

Next up was Bacon and Magnusson. Now Bacon and I go back a few years now, I've worked with him IRL and it's always good to see my buddy Bacon. Him and Magnusson, along with RW, were kind enough to help me out on a quest to ST (Lou, that means "Sunken Temple" - its a dungeon in the Swamp of Sorrows, lol) .... sorry couldn't resist another shot at my gnome buddy.

Anyhow I had a quest to get the following sword Lightforged Blade which is a pally chain-quest starting with Inert Scourgestones and ultimately yields this sword. (A little trivia that I've read about it is that its the only weapon in the game that adds specifically to holy damage.) It is a NICE weapon and I'm thankful to have it.

Anyhow I needed some feathers in ST for the last step of that quest. Bacon came to throw down some phat healz, RW did the big damage, Magnusson joined us and he and I did dual-tanking/off-dps.

In typical Heroes fashion, it was an odd group makeup. But with Bacon and RW there, it went off without a hitch. That Magnusson boy, I can learn much from that pally. He's a good egg and has really worked hard on his gear and that shows, as well as him being a good player. As for my performance, I felt like I held my own on dps and I had fun too.

As for Bacon, well I'd have to quote Mike Martz from back in the Marshall Faulk era. " I mean that was just Bacon being Bacon. Just when you think he's gonna do this or that he surprises you and takes it to the next level. He's Bacon". So thanks for coming man, its always great to hang with you in-game.

And as for RW - well she's my wife. I wouldn't be this far in the game or life in general without her :)

In general, it was just good to group with some Heroes for a change and I really appreciate their help.

As a matter of fact I think I'll post this on our forums just to make sure they get the proper thanks :) That's it from me!

4 comments:

Jon said...

Lol... I didn't ebay! I ummmmmm didn't bot either! *cough* *cough* *cough* *whistles*

Just kidding I really did neither of those things... but my memory of that whole area is remarkably faint. For all those levels I think I just /donned headphones and /grinded. Yeah, I was going kind of for a cross between Russian Czar / Italian mobster rolled up in a midget package. Looks like I got pretty close to the mark! Those Engineering goggles are pretty pimp, no?

Nice to meet you in-game too laddie! Although your dwarf self could maybe use a bit less time on the mount there and a bit more time walking about, if ya know what I mean. :D

Rob said...

I've made to lvl 50 in 5 days and you tell me to "get off my mount" more? Ouch. Staggers. Knife in chest. (thought I was doing okay until that slashing comment, lol)

Typical rogue. Draw you in close and stunlock you :)

Jon said...

Well let's just say you've got the roundish features to make for a good vehicle to roll down a hill fast. ;)

Less mead IMO.

:P

/kidneyshot

<3

Rob said...

Look at that! The little guy pulled off a 3-shot combo in "verbal pvp". :)