Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

Tis the sound of 46 drawing near :) Well last night if I hadn't been so sleepy after my very long weekend in Iowa (visitin my in-laws), I'd have dinged 46 ... but alas ... I caved and dragged myself to the welcoming comfort of the feather-bed and pillow.

Tonight it will happen though. I've really been gliding through the leveling pretty easily, especially since I usually give a Oak a good rested bonus to work with. Last night I killed Lord Shalzaru over by Feathermoon Stronghold on the Isle of Dread. He is a lvl 47 Naga mob, surrounded by 2 lvl 44-45 warrior/caster mobs.

After fighting my way up to him and getting in the room with him, I rebuffed and entered the fray. For some reason the nags give me trouble. They have always seemed to hit MUCH harder than other mobs at their levels.

So I did have to bubble once, and heal/bandage but I managed to down them all. And also, I was able to pull the warrior mob separately so that I only then had the caster and the boss to fight together. Still, twas a close one for little Oak.

But tonight the goal is finish my Feralas quests and hit 46, maybe 47 (we'll see). Level 50 and Crusader Strike would be awesome to behold by the end of this weekend. I'll do my best.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Ah, the 40's. Those are some tough times... Old WoW simply doesn't offer many questing opportunities, at least in comparison to the Outlands, it seems to me... and lots more running around all over the map.

Ugh, I think I just gave up at some point and grinded it out. Good luck m8 on getting to 46!

Rob said...

You talk big wisdom kimo-sabee. And I totally agree, Outland ftw on questing - rewards are better and the areas are better laid out. Can't wait to get there!

Origami said...

Yeah, I remember hitting that level around 40's and if you want to do mostly questing levelling you had to travel a lot.. to BOTH continents. Good luck!