Friday, August 31, 2007

Retribution > Fury

Well at least it was last night. I got jumped by a Fury specced Orc Warrior last night in Tanaris. I'll spare you the epic struggle since there really wasn't one to speak of.

Suffice it to say he charge/stunned me while I was sitting. We fought, I bubbled and healed, drank a mana pot and he couldn't keep up after that. In checking my combat log, I did do way more damage than him, critting him for nearly 1k of damage in two attacks of mine near the end. Ah those random crits you gotta love em!

So Ret > Fury ... probably not ... I just got some lucky rolls last night. But I do have to say, of all the classes I do face in WoW a warrior fills me with the least fear in PVP with Oak.

For me it goes, Hunters > Locks > Druids > Pallies > Priests > Mages > Rogues > Warriors ... hope I got em all. But Hunters ... man I hate to be kited and we pallies are probably the most kiteable class in the game.

No more blogging from me for few days. I'm off to Iowa to visit the in-laws and shall return to game and fame come Monday evening. I should hit 46 Monday night darn it :)

3 comments:

Honors Code said...

My tips on Hunters:

This fight is all about range. He wants, you have to keep him from it.

Hunter's have a "dead zone" where they are too close for guns. You want to keep him in that zone so he can't use his range weapon. A hunter in melee is at a big disadvantage.

1. Blessing of Freedom. You've got to keep this up at all times.

2. Repentance, and Hammer of Justice. Cycle these as the cooldown allows.

Stoneform out of the Viper Sting (or Serpent Sting). Cleanse the Sting off if Stoneform is on cooldown.

You can run him out of mana fairly quickly.

You've got to make the most of your moments in melee range with him. Have your burst sequence ready to go as soon as you are in range. HoJ + JoC + white swing + SoC proc + Crusader Strike.

Rob said...

Ooooh that sounds good ... thanks Honors. The last time I encountered a Hunter it was before I had Repentance or Hammer of Wrath. The advice on Stoneform was especially appreciated - good call. I always forget that one.

Origami said...

Also you may want to throw JoJ on him if you have it (is that he right one Honors? the one that limits your speed to 100%? This is so he can't AotC and try to get range on you).

Also, not to burst your bubble Oak, but the warriors to fear right now are the MS warriors, not the fury warriors. Mortal Strike cuts down your heals but this is more of a problem at higher levels, I think. For now, enjoy beating up on all of them! :)