Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ding 44 and 45

Well I made up for that one night of not questing. With a day off of work, I got in some good questing for sure. I finished all quests in the SWamp of Sorrows. Only saw 2 horde I believe, which I thought was odd what with being that close to Kara. Anyhow, I blasted through those and then my guide instructs me to go to Feralas.

Silly me though.

I spent actually too much time in SOS and should have actually gone to Feralas at lvl 44 (oh and btw, no Kang the Decapitator yet either). Anyway, now that I'm set up in Feralas, I think I may actually skip the questing there and just move on to where my guide says to be for level 45. Funny thing is that I've never seriously quested in Feralas so that would be a bummer to miss those AGAIN - lol Ah well I may be a rebel and run through those just for fun and at least see the quest lines.

I also learned when I trained at 44 that, like a boob, I'd skipped a rank of Seal of Command. My dps had been down too ... wonder if that could have been the cause? Doh! Now that I've trained in EVERYTHING that I need to have running at this point, my dps is much better.

But I am suffering from the bane of all retadins ... spikey dps ... I can't seem to keep it consistent. I think that over time, gear will fix that for the most part. I'm currently studying up on that one. But while I was killing Murloc after Murloc yesterday I noticed that the dps meter would swing from 66dps in one fight to around 180 the very next fight. Same level mobs, same fighting sequence, just different dps. I'm sure the crits were different though and I need to start reviewing my combat log and adjusting things as I can to make it better. A tad frustrating at times but hey, you gotta suffer for the build you love baby!

Anyhow, hopefully I may sneak up to 46 tonight ... we shall see.

So here is some more yammering about the guide ... I do really love this thing although it is a tad pricey, I suppose, at $35. But the mod functionality of it is SO cool. You simply follow the steps on left hand side of your map, all marked by way points on said map and bingo bango bongo, you're leveling in no time :) Very cool that you can set way points just like with TomTom. Also, I'm anxious to see what they come up with for the mode past level 50, since right now past that level, it's just an online guide.

Ok .. now I'm done.

4 comments:

Raydz said...

Stay in feralas you need to at least escourt the chicken through the yeti's! =)

Rob said...

See only in WoW is that a perfectly reasonable comment. Any other place and might get arrested. :)

Honors Code said...

I'm afraid gear has very little to do with the steaky damage you are experiencing. It's simply a matter of will Seal of Command proc? Will it crit? Will Vengence stack? There is just so much to Ret DPS that is dependant on the RNG (random number generator).

Feralas is fun, just watch out for the Horde town right in the middle.

Rob said...

But gear that increases my chance to crit/hit should help level off some of that spikiness. Granted it wouldn't eliminate it completely but it should help a lot.

And yeah, Bacon warned me about that horde town on my very first trip through there with Talon - otherwise that would have been a nasty surprise.