Monday, October 29, 2007

Breakout from Un'Goro

Well the pvp-bowl that IS Un'Goro Crater is for the most part, finished. And not soon enough for this short, stout lager-laden-laddie. Up until Un'Goro, Oak had given as well as he'd taken, in regards to beatings in world pvp. But UC has been a lesson in humility from the first day I slipped my plate-covered tootsies into that hazy-green world of beasties and hordsies.

They all hated me everyday and I even took to playing at odd times just to get through quests unscathed. One-on-one, I do alright but I've yet to win a pvp battle when it's me against two (or more).

Oh well - enough ranting. Geez, I'm whining like a clothie! j/k :)

The good news is ... ding 54 and darn it ... almost ding 55! Whoo hoo! Couldn't help but have a little "pre-ding" celebration there. If I get on-game tonight I'll get to hit 55 and I'll also get to wear my Imperial Plate Chest Piece. Woot!

And that reminds me, I must hit up a new dungeon or two soon though and grind for a new weapon. There doesn't seem to be much on the AH lately for decent weapons at my level and I just don't think that the ol Lightforged Blade will last till 59.

The reason that I mention 59 is that from 59 to 68, I've amassed quite a collection of swords and axes in my bank; I've been building them up for some time. RW has given me a good weapon drop for 66, Bacon gave me a great drop for lvl 59 or 60 (can't remember which) and I've made some purchases too.

Maybe the best thing is to just keep polishing up the Lightforged Blade and swing it till 59.

Last thing to blab about in this post is mods. Yep I'm still using my lvling Mod and I still love it. They have even sent out invites to users of their mod to ask for help in developing it further and make it even better ... gasp! ... is this my road to fame, before me, in WoW? I'm thinking about taking them up on their offer and help them out with quest research and whatnot.

Time will tell.

But the latest thing for mods is that I dropped that old friend of mine ... Titan Panel. Queue the "sad goodbye" music. This was my VERY first mod I ever installed in WoW and I've used it ever since.

But much like an old stale relationship gone bad, I just needed more than what Titan had been offering; so it was time to move on. I mean I owe it to myself right? Why spend even more time with a mod that clearly has different interests than me? I need more. And so it was time for Titan to start seeing other players and for me to start seeing other mods.

That's when I met the Bartender.

She was version 3 which I assume means she's been around. But who am I to judge. All her buttons were in the right place and she didn't seem to mind my looking. Heck I was on the mod rebound. I have to admit I wasn't picky. Things looked good.

So I asked her over and before you know it, she was all into my interface folder and I can't say that I minded. Two crazy kids like us, needing something from each other. Bartender needing someone to pay her attention and me, to be honest, well I've always been a button man.

And although I'm loath to admit it, and I'm not usually into this kind of thing, Lou said Bartender had treated him right.

So there you have it. A man. A old mod and his new one. This game has it all.

P.S. - Get your own Bartender, btw, this one is mine.

5 comments:

Raydz said...

Lol hilarious mod postings

Jon said...

"But much like an old stale relationship gone bad, I just needed more than what Titan had been offering; so it was time to move on. I mean I owe it to myself right? Why spend even more time with a mod that clearly has different interests than me? I need more. And so it was time for Titan to start seeing other players and for me to start seeing other mods."

LOL.

Holy crap I had a similar conversation with Titan Panel. That ol broad sure gets around, don't she?

Rob said...

There's more versions of Tital Panel than Michael Jackson has noses.

Honors Code said...

I'd appreciate some pointers on using my Bartender, we just don't seem to communicate weel.

Rob said...

Aye laddie, communication be the key to a good relationship with one's bartender. Takes years of dedication it does. All too often, the most difficult investments to make are on those days when you don't feel like giving, but in the long run, those investments pay the biggest divendends for all.