Monday, October 15, 2007

Ding 52 and a short story

Well this weekend I mustered my defenses against the The Pillow (actually just played in the afternoons) and grabbed the brass ring that has 52 stamped on it.

Nothing grand to report at 52, just new ranks of existing stuff. Guess there was one new thing though, come to think of it. I did also get Improved Blessing of Might, which is nice, and also requires reagents (of that I was not aware). Moving on.

Before I dinged though I did run into a short pvp encounter which I though was worth mentioning. It was however with a rogue so apologies to rogues in our guild as I tell this ... you guys will always be able to kick my short dwarven rear I'm sure.

So there I was minding my own business, trying to get a quest done in the Searing Gorge by rounding up 8 Thorium Daggers, and those drop from Dark Iron Dwarves. Having engaged said Dark Iron Nasty to obtain aforementioned quest item, in order to complete the previously indicated quest ... I was otherwise unaware of a lvl 53 UD Rogue sneaking up behind me.

He shortly made his presence known though however by cracking me, quite soundly I might add, in the head causing me to sag in embarrassing fashion directly in front of my dance partner who just kept right on dancing and helping my new head-cracking friend out.

Well with daggers-a-flyin' and undead noises echoing across the Cauldron, the rogue stabbed and stabbed ... until his stun faded and I bubbled. Then I healed to full health and the grin slid off his little malformed head.

He continued to fight so kudos to him for that. He got in some good licks but mine, although they were not nearly as often, were much much bigger hits and crits. You could say, I gave him a sudden case of the crits. Lol!

However his last mistake was that, he decided to try and stand toe-to-toe with a plate wearer/healer; he never moved from in front of me. Maybe it was because my mob wasn't dead ... maybe he was a terrible rogue ... or maybe he was combat specc'd; removing the need to move around a lot ... maybe he thought "heck the guy is two levels below me and he's only a pally".

Whatever his reasoning he was very wrong. He should have tried to stunlock me some more.

So after I bubbled/healed I proceeded to politely reach out and rearrange his face. It didn't last long. And he tried to run, but Judgement found him ... wanting.

Then after I had sufficiently introduced my rogue-friend to the graveyard, I turned my back on his dead and foresaken (pun-intended) corpse and killed my mob, who in all this time, had not yet found better things to do.

For whatever reason, in very un-horde-like fashion, my rogue friend didn't come back to try and dance again :)

3 comments:

Raydz said...

Lol good post man,
sudden case of the crits <-- good line =)

Honors Code said...

Great story. Rogues are one of the few classes I feel fairly confident in fighting. Keep on chugging man.

Origami said...

Good job and good story! I always find it funny running into newb rogues. Just because you're combat specced doesn't mean stuns are beneath you. A stunned opponent means they aren't damaging you. And what about blind + bandage? Vanish? Oh well, you showed him!
Keep going! You're getting close to 60!