Friday, October 19, 2007

ouch, ouch, OUCH! Unfriendly Un'Goro

What a pvp-bowl the crater was last night. Poor little Oak was cut down, split up, and stacked away for winter ... by a few different classes.

First up. 48 Shaman. He tried to gank me while I was fighting two Ravasaur-types but I bubble/healed and oddly enough, he RAN. I was blown away by that. He stuck around though .. and I don't know if this was part of his elaborate ganking plan ... but he just sorta watched me from a distance until it really got on my nerves ... so I ended up rushing the bum and embarrassingly enough - he totally owned me.

"Anger clouds the mind" - Yoda

As I came riding up, he threw down 3 totems of various types. I dismounted and entered the fray. I have to admit - my mind wasn't really into the fight as I began and it showed. He totally killed me. In retrospect, I wonder if I had ran right into the middle of his totems and threw down a consecrate .. would that have killed them while I hacked him up off to the side?

Wish I'd gotten his name though, I need to get in the habit of that so I can look people up on the armory later and check their spec/gear. I think it might help to start doing some research on how to fight various classes/specs. I need to get into this pvp stuff or switch to a pve server - lol

Anyway, not long after that, actually <5 mins or so, I was fighting more Ravasaurs (two actually) and a lvl 49 Rogue (BE - geez I hate Blood Elves), stuns me and then ... wait for it ... just backs off and watches the mobs kill me while I'm stunned. Classic. Had to hand that one to her. Very creative stuff.

So I go on, mowing through quests, undaunted ... well that's not true. In reality I was about to eat my keyboard as a snack in a fit of rage, just to make this game go away. But I pressed on instead.

So I was turning in a quest up near the entrance to UC, standing there with that big Tauren quest-giver. From out of the mist, and down the hill, I see a lvl ?? Tauren Shaman riding along. Starts to pass me ... then turns up the hill ... crap ... he 3 hits me, remounts and then goes calmly over to get his Power Crystal for which he'd apparently been after all along. So he had been nice enough to cruise up to me, use me for speed bump, and then get his quest/rep item.

Glad I could help Mr. Shama Lama. Hope I chipped your axes with my handsome dwarven chin.

Well after all this my dander was definitely up. So, it was Talon-time. I logged with Oak and although I knew better, went and got Talon.

I say that I knew better because why? ... say it with me boys and girls ... "after the horde gank you, they disappear while you get your main". I don't know how they do that. Are there night courses somewhere that they take in order to learn how to be such pains in the posterior?

Talon slides into UC and there are no horde to be found. Poof! It's like they never even were. Agggggghhhh!

But, eventually, Talon did make life rough for one lvl 55 warrior. Poor guy. Hated to take it out on him but not really. Started killing him at Marshal's Refuge and followed him clear back to Gadgetzan, harrassing/sapping him. I'm sure he hates alliance.

And I'm pretty sure I hate the horde :)

2 comments:

Raydz said...

"Glad I could help Mr. Shama Lama. Hope I chipped your axes with my handsome dwarven chin.? --> LOL

" I need to get into this pvp stuff or switch to a pve server" --> dont you dare go to a pve

Rob said...

I'm a Hero for life! I can't go pve. Must l2pvp!