Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Leverage says you ....

I think I feel a change in the winds says I.

Everybody else has blogged about it. Everybody has forumed about it. Everybody who's played past the noob area knows there be a big patch-a-comin and it could mean good and yummy things for those of us crazy enough to climb the limbs of the Retribution Tree.

Let's break these babies down and start the arguing early, shall we? :)
  • Vindication (Retribution) frequency and duration increased and now reduces all attributes by 5/10/15%, not just Strength and Agility.
This is the one I've been waiting for. I've kept points in Vindication since I've heard about the possibility of this happening. Having this lower ALL stats on your target - well I give it a 5 outta 5 on the Critometer of Happiness.
  • Pursuit of Justice (Retribution) is now 3 ranks and increases movement speed by 5/10/15% and also reduces the chance you'll be hit by spells by 1/2/3%.
I know people will disagree on this. But I hate this talent. It seems as this is a Blizz Bone that they threw at us pallies to try and get us to spend points here. I don't see the benefit though. Seems like the smarter Ret points can be spent elsewhere. The Critometer of Happiness rates this a 1 out of 5. Prove me wrong. (If you do though, most likely I won't approve your comment, lol)

Let's take the next ones as a group.
  • Exorcism's mana cost has been lowered (Source)
  • Holy Wrath's mana cost has been lowered (Source)
  • Hammer of Wrath's mana cost has been lowered (Source)
Slap me silly and call me sally. This is awesome! Lowering mana cost always makes the Critometer rocket to new heights but it has to stop at 5 out of 5.
  • Vengeance has been increased to 30 seconds (Source).
Longer lasting, more filling. The stacks get longer to build and this will only help with stabilizing the damage output for Rets. Plus I love having glowy hands :) Critometer of Happiness rating? 3 out of 5 - because they didn't mention making Vengeance proc "more" :)
  • New Talent - Sanctified Seals (replacing Sanctified Crusader): Increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and melee by 1/2/3%, and reduces the chance your Seals can be dispelled by 33/66/100% (Source)
Nothing to hate here at all. Combined with other stuff later in this post, this is a very nice addition and a new place to spend some points that are freeing up from other things. Critometer of Happiness rating: 4 out of 5.
  • Crusader Strike cooldown is being lowered to 6 seconds. (Source)
Aw couldn't we get the mana lowered too? lol Love the fact that we get a shorter cooldown time though. Critometer of Happiness likes it too. 4 out of 5.
  • Improved Seal of the Crusader effect added to base abilitiy (Source)
  • Improved Seal of the Crusader now gives the effects of Sanctified Crusader (Source)
These should probably be rated as a 6 out of 5 on the Critometer of Happiness! How awesome is this? Pallies will get 3 talent points back (that were spent on Sanct Crusader) which we can now spend someplace else, like deeper in the Holy or Prot trees. Suh-weet!

All in all I think this will be a good-news day for Rets and pallies in general. Bring on the patch! I can't wait to get this stuff! :)

2 comments:

Honors Code said...

The reaseon to love the new PoJ is that Paladins lack any kind of charge/intercept ability. This gets you in melee range faster, and provides an extra 3% avoidance to spells.

I'd give it 4 Hammers.

Rob said...

Arrrg, ye raise a point there laddy and it be a good one. I still give ye the /bow seeing as you're the bigger dwarf. But fer now, I'll be holding onto me points or spendin em elsewheres. :) I'll come around eventually I'm sure.